Hey guys! Today I’m partnering with CVS Pharmacy to share some affordable beauty products that I have really been enjoying! I hit up my local CVS Pharmacy and hauled some items to try as well as a few MUA products to review. Here’s a look at the loot:
CVS Pharmacy has been stepping up their game in the health and beauty department. I really enjoy perusing the beauty aisles at CVS because they carry high quality brands such as MUA (Makeup Academy) and Milani that other drugstores don’t carry.
I’ve been trying out these newly released MUA PRO items in particular so I can share my thoughts on them with you! Here is some context on MUA for anyone not familiar with the brand: MUA was developed exclusively for CVS Pharmacy by makeup professionals and beauty experts and they carry premium quality cosmetics and beauty accessories.
I gravitated towards the items I could see myself using everyday such as this PRO Bronzing Palette which is perfect for creating that sun-kissed glow. I have been wearing these on my eyes as well as my face as they are flattering and easy to wear all around.
- There are two matte shades, the first being a softer beige tan, and the second having a slightly ruddier and deeper tone. The shimmery copper gold imparts a nice sheen and works well with the other shades to create a dimensional look.
- In terms of pigmentation, if using a denser brush – be careful to not over apply as I can see this happening with lighter to fairer skin-tones. The powders aren’t powdery and blend out nicely.
- There is also a PRO Contouring Palette and a PRO Highlighting Palette from the new launch.
Being an oily gal, I, of course, also had to try the PRO Mattifying Powder. It’s designed to minimize shine as well as the appearance of pores and fine lines. I have been using it for touch ups midday, and it has a smooth texture and doesn’t look cakey.
- This powder will appear white upon first application and will blend out but it is possible to overdo so I would recommend only a light dusting or a gentle press with the encased powder puff if you don’t have an oily complexion like I do
- This line also carries a PRO Illuminating Powder.
I have been pairing the powder with this PRO Mattifying Primer underneath my makeup and over my skincare to also help keep the shine away. It is a dimethicone based formula so it also aids in smoother foundation application.
- This has a liquidy/silky slippery and lightweight texture upon initial application and then has no shine after it absorbs into the skin.
- For those looking for a dewy effect, MUA also carries a PRO Illuminating Primer
I was really happy with what I picked up from CVS and the new MUA PRO line! All of the products ended up exceeding my expectations in terms of quality and ease of use; the affordable price tag is the icing on the cake.
Thanks for reading!